FULL-SERVICE BARTENDER COURSE
This course offers training in bar operations and procedures common in full service bars, along with techniques of pouring and mixing drinks. The course objective is employment as a bartender in a full-service bar.
The two-week session consists of 25 hours of behind-the-bar instruction and practice. We meet for two and a half hours a day, five days a week, for two weeks. Santa Rosa Bartending School offers both morning sessions (9:00 to 11:30 AM) and an evening session (6:30 to 9 PM) every month.
- The legal responsibilities of a bartender: California liquor laws and third-party liability
- Responsible alcohol beverage service
- Customer ID checking and verification
- Job responsibilities: opening and closing procedures; the normal daily routine common to most bar operations
- Pouring techniques: drinks poured over ice, two-part highballs, cocktails prepared in a shaker, blender and freezer can
- Glassware identification and selection: for use with mixed drinks, cocktails, and after-dinner drinks
- Use of the draft beer system, beverage flavor system (cobra-head), and ice machine
- Use of written and verbal abbreviations
- Types of mixes used in drink preparation; preparation of pre-mixes
- Material covered in our textbook Bartending Basics: Everything You Need to Know to be a Working Bartender.
Schedule of Fees
|Bartending Basics Textbook (non-refundable)||$15.00|
|Audio CD (non-refundable)||$10.00|
|Windows CD (non-refundable)||$10.00|
Please click here to view our complete Enrollment & Financial Agreement for details